Payments Platform BitPay To Support Payments From Ethereum
BitPay, the popular blockchain payments provider, announced last week that it is planning to support payments from the Ethereum Blockchain. With this support, the BitPay users will be enabled to apply their Ether (ETH) to carry out the following:
- Purchase gift cards on BitPay app
- Recharge the BitPay cards
- Shop with the merchants on BitPay
Speaking of BitPay’s support, the creator of Ethereum, Vitalik Buterin, said:
“It is exciting to see BitPay leading the way in integrating Ethereum into global payment systems. This truly opens up a new world of possibilities for the Ethereum ecosystem, and together we can continue to be a leading innovator for real world use cases for cryptocurrencies.”
Furthermore, explaining why it chose to support the blockchain payments on the Ethereum network, BitPay said:
“First and foremost, many of our merchants, cardholders, and wallet users have been asking for this. Second, Ethereum has the second highest market share behind Bitcoin. Third, by supporting payments on the Ethereum network, BitPay will be soon able to support ERC-20 tokens, namely, stablecoins.”
BitPay also added that it is already in discussions about the advantages it will experience with stablecoins when it enables its merchants to settle in USDC, PAX, and GUSD.
- Binance Launches Bitcoin-Pegged Token BTCB May Accelerate Bullish Market’s Coming?
- A Quick Recap of Top 6 Blockchain News of The Month
- Asia Pacific Expected To Dominate Blockchain Healthcare Globally
- Wyoming’s 13 New Blockchain Laws and it’s analysis
- COI Uses Blockchain Technology To Clean Oceans And Reduce Waste
- Bison Trails A Libra Association Member Raises $ 25.5M In Series A
Hottest Blockchain News Daily
Get our latest news and posts in your inbox.